Sunday, June 10, 2012

Therapy With Scott

You know those morning. waking up late, having a casual fishing trip. I like to call these therapy appointments with Scott(my fly rod). Going out on the kayak on an unexplored seven acre pond. We got on the water not knowing what to expect. I started out with a articulated streamer on a sink tip. 15 yards fishing down the bank I got a hit. I came to figure out it was just a green back sunfish. As we kept on down the shore on this beautiful morning. I hooked up again. this time it was a decent and gorgeous large mouth bass. It was a tough fighting for its size 13 inch bass.

As we kept slowly crept along the shore we got hit with a half hour of slow feeding. So we switched to a deer hair popper. We still didn't have any bites. I turned my head to dad who was rowing me down the bank and said "If i don't get anyth......Wheres my fly?". "Whoa did you see that swirl". And I had that fish hooked. It was as if god told me where the bite was at.  So far that day my score was 3. It was dads turn to fish.

Dad fished with the popper for a  while with no product. He put the sink tip back on and almost immediately produced a HUGE crappie. But when I  went to grab it it got off. He caught another crappie and a large mouth to tie it up 3 on 3.


I mostly liked the beautiful sunset and enjoying the day with my dad. I also liked ramming into the shore with the kayak. but mostly I enjoyed the company of my dad and the great creation of the lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment